Friday, September 24, 2010

Fashionista Friday #1.

This will be the first installment of "Fashionista Friday." This is going to be what I blog about every Friday. It is basically going to be my review, or take on all things beauty. Since this is the first blog dedicated to this subject, I am going to just talk about my favorite everyday products. This is going to include hair, makeup, skin care, you name it!!! Here we go!!

These 3 items are my FAVORITE MAC items!
The first item, "Shadowy Lady" is a veluxe eyeshadow, which means it is silky & goes on SUPER smooth. It's an eggplant-ish color, but goes really well with browns and cream colors.

The next item is MAC fluidline, in black. This is a gel eyeliner, which is a whole lot better than liquid or pencil. I use this on the tight-line [the area right under your lashes] & the waterline [the area above your lower lashes.] It isn't "technically" waterproof, but on me, this stuff doesn't even budge! i LOVE it!!

The last MAC item i use daily, is "Brown Down" eyeshadow. It is just a matte eyeshadow in my favorite brown shade. For my daily eye look, i use this as my crease color. It works really well on my hazel eyes & it has lasted me for forever!

** MAC products can be somewhat expensive compared to drugstore brands, but believe me, they are TOTALLY worth the price! I have had my fluid line for about 9 months now, and I still have over half of the container full & I use it EVERY SINGLE DAY. So just keep that in mind, you truly get what you pay for.**



Since I got my hair cut into a short bob, I have gone through SO MUCH hairspray. I also have to straighten my hair daily, unlike throwing it up into the messy bun that used to be my signature, so I had to go and find a really great conditioner. These are the sprays I use DAILY. Call me crazy, but I use each one for a different reason. 

First off, That conditioner up there is heaven for your hair. Trust me when I say, it is a little bit more expensive than your "Suave" or "Tresemme" but it is wonderful! It smells kind of like tanning lotion, and leaves your hair super silky & shiny, without weighing it down at all.

The "teasing" hairspray is the Aqua Net. I know, you're thinking "That is SO old school!" Believe me, I thought the same thing, but, I have fallen in love with it! It smells terrible, yes, even unscented smells like crap, but it is so worth it for the results this spray gives you. I spray this on before I tease each and every section.

The "volume" hairspray is the Aussie. This one, unlike the Aqua Net, smells amazing. It also has amazing hold, and so I use this one to "bump" up my look just a little bit more. This stuff is like 3 bucks a bottle and really lasts all day long.

The "finishing" hairspray is the Salon Grafix. I came by this spray when I ran out of my Aqua Net. I found mine at Walgreens for about 6 bucks. Normally, I would not spend that much on a hairspray, but I have come to love this one as well. It hold every hair in it's place without feeling to "scrunchy."



These last few hair care products are not all daily use, but things I use to maintain my hair. 

The first item is obviously my straightener. A lot of my friends used this one before I got it. I used my friend, Emily's & realized my straightener just wasn't cutting it, so I went out and bought one of my own & swear by this one now.

The second is the new Tresemme dry shampoo for straight hair. Ok, ladies, we ALL know the tricks to keeping your hairstyle for more than a day. You take so long to straighten it, and you just want to keep it that way an extra day. Well, this stuff is a miracle! It's the same principle behind the "baby powder trick" --- if you don't know what that is, then this product is probably NOT for you :]. You just shake, spray it on your roots & comb it out. It seriously works instantly & smells good too!! [p.s. it doesn't leave a white residue like baby powder does.]

Lastly for the hair care products, is my Revlon hair color. Yes, I color my hair from a box. Yes, I have had my hair colored in a salon. No, I am not willing to pay $85 for one all over color, that I can do all by myself. This is seriously only $4. I know, for a lot of people this doesn't work. If you need to cover grays, not for you. If you just want to try something new & don't need alot of frills, this is the one for you. I have used this brand for about 4 years now & I have NEVER had a problem with it. PLUS-- it's ammonia free so it is really easy on the nostrils.



Ok, I know you're ready for this to be over with, but I promise these are the last few "daily faves." 
One of my favorite perfumes is "Juicy Couture." At first sniff, it smells a bit like an old lady, but once you spray it on, your body chemicals make it take on a while new smell. I just feel so much more.... classy? when I wear this stuff. It's awesome.

Spearmint chap-stick. Seriously, screw paying $5 for some stupid chap-stick! This stuff is my holy grail for lips! It smells so good, and it's only like 98 cents! It is hard to find, but when I do find it, I stock up. It is silky smooth & makes your lips feel divine.

PLUS WHITE!!! I do not claim to have good teeth by any stretch of the imagination, but I am picky about them. I use floss picks, whitening mouth wash, whitening toothpaste, etc.. I was watching a review by Kandee Johnson, an amazing makeup artist, & she talked about how she gets her teeth so white. I figured she was going to describe some sort of professional whitening system given to her by her dentist. She then held up her box of Plus White. I was intrigued & went & bought some of my very own. You can get it at any Walgreens for about 11 bucks. I only use this when I feel like my teeth are getting a bit "dingy." Then I can go for about a month without using it. I highly recommend this stuff if you have been looking for something to whiten your teeth & don't want to spend the $40 for whitestrips or anything.

L'oreal Collagen mascara. I love love love this stuff!! The waterproof version is the best. It has a much better quality than Lash Blast. This mascara doesn't really clump up or flake. It lengthens & volumizes. This gets an A+++ in my book! 

I have a complete arsenal of Bath & Body Works products. One scent truly stands out above the rest, though. Around this time last year, they came out with a new scent that they released in the Fall, called "Twilight Woods." I generally don't like "perfumy" scents, like this one, but something about it is so enticing! If I had to describe it, I would say it is like a warm fire burning in your living room, while you bake sugar cookies and snuggle up in a warm blanket. Seriously, it's THAT good!!! [& that is exactly the reason I bought the entire collection.]

Seriously, the last item, and probably the most important, is Chi Straight Guard. I use this before I begin blow drying my hair. You only need a dime sized amount, so it lasts a long time. It is really important to me to not have too much damage to my hair. Given the straightening, coloring & teasing, I use this EVERY TIME I blow dry &/or straighten my hair just to keep my hair silky smooth & shiny.

I really hope you have enjoyed reading about all of my daily favorite products & I hope these "Fashionista Fridays" really become popular!!! 

Peace, Love & NO Hair Grease.

No comments:

Post a Comment