Sunday, October 3, 2010

FASHIONISTA FRIDAY... A FEW DAYS LATE. :]

Ok, I guess I should begin by stating that USUAL fashionista Fridays will consist more of beauty products & what not. HOWEVER, this is really something I feel like I need to vent about, seeing as I live it first hand & just need to get a few things off of my plus-sized chest. :D


"Big Is Beautiful"
The headline above is what I have heard repeatedly in my short 20 years. I have struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember. I guess struggled with isn't the right term... had a higher weight than most of those around me?? Maybe that's a better way of phrasing it, maybe not. What I mean, though, is that I don't like to let my weight defeat me. I am beautiful, plus or minus 30 lbs. I have chosen to embrace my weight. I have come to terms with the fact that I will NEVER be a size 2... I am TOTALLY ok with that. Who wants to live in a world where everybody is a string bean? NOT ME. I am surrounded by girls who are smaller than me constantly, but I, inlike alot of bigger girls I know, do not choose to let it get me down. Would I have a bf if I were skinny, perhaps, but I will get to that later. Would I be healthier, sure, maybe a little bit, but as far as that's concerned, I am fine. Would I find more clothes???... I will get to THAT later, also. This is going to be a longer post, so bear with me, peeps, and buckle in for a plus size ride.

Let me get down to the "boyfriend" question...
My philosophy is that I don't want a bf who wont accept me at my heaviest. If he won't accept me how I am now, then he sure doesn't deserve me at a skinnier weight. I have been the same weight for about 5 years. It is easy for me to lose weight, but I kind of want somebody to accept me like this. Call me crazy, but I know there is somebody out there looking for a beautiful, fluffy, brunette, just waiting to love her for her and nothing less.

The clothes issue...
If you are a plus size girl who gets defeated when she tries on clothes at a "normal" store and they never fit you no matter what you do or what size you try on, have no fear, there IS hope! [but it is a pain in the FAT to figure out where you will get the most bang for your buck] I have been to that place where you DREAD shopping for clothes because you KNOW they wont have cute stuff for you. The hardest part about being bigger, is being inventive. For instance, I have a TON of cardigans-- I HATE my arms, but with cardigans, I can buy the cute little tanks, pair them with a cardi & look ADORABLE. The first problem with fluffy girl clothing stores is that most of them are either WAY too expensive, or WAY too "trendy." Lane Bryant, for example, sometimes has great items, but 90 DOLLARS FOR A DRESS...REALLY?? Let me just say this, there is NO friggin way that an extra yard of fabric costs 70 more dollars than a size 10!!! AND IM NOT PAYING THAT MUCH FOR A DRESS!!! The next problem is that the clothes are generally either too old looking, or aimed at a younger demographic. There isn't a whole lot for girls my age... But I, being the fashionista that I like to consider myself, have found my holy grails for clothing/shoes/accessories.

Cato. I cannot say enough about this place. If you have never been, go! The have something for everyone. From young girls, to teens, to plus sized women. The shoes are fabulous, the jewelry is cheap and beautiful, and they even have home accents. I have a closet full of "Cato Clearance." I always find something on the clearance rack. They get new items all the time, and put the old on clearance. It is an amazing store, and I highly recommend it to women of all ages & shapes!

Old Navy [ONLINE]
Now, I can shop at the store, but online, Old Navy has a huge plus sized selection. The sizes go from sizes 16-30, I believe. And they even go up to a 3x in the tops. They constantly have sales & deals on shipping. The one thing I love about Old Navy more than anything else is their jeans, "sweethearts" or "bootlegs" to be exact. I have really short legs, but I'm really stout. These jeans have the perfect amount of stretch, without falling off of you by the end of the day & for gals with shorter legs, they don't drag the ground, HALLELUJAH!!! 

 Ross Dress For Less.
Now, some fashionistas don't like to dig through racks of sometimes unorganized clothes, but here, I promise you it is worth it! This is my holy grail for dresses. Their summer dress selection is unbeatable. The most I have ever paid for a dress at Ross is maybe 20 dollars? With prices like these, I rarely ever leave with just one dress. The sizes range from 0-28 ( & everywhere in between.) Yes, it sucks having to be inventive sometimes, but with a little time & effort, you can look just as fashion forward as your "normal" sized friends.

I hate when friends, who are significantly smaller than me complain about not being able to find anything to wear. Now I understand if you're not a shopper, but EVERY girl can look good with a little help from stores like those above. I have to shop around longer than most of my other friends, yes, but in the end it is so rewarding when you find an outfit that just makes you feel like a million bucks. Whether you are going to church, a wedding, a job interview, or just running up the street to Wally World, try to put your best foot, face and outfit forward. First impressions are everything & fluffy girls just have to work that much harder to leave an imprint on somebody's impression. I know this blog has been way random & maybe not something you wanted to read, but it was my rant, fabulous & frugal at the same time :]. The moral of the story is; One size DOESN'T fit all, but with a little work, your size CAN be perfect & you CAN be comfortable in your own skin, no matter if you are a size 2 or a size 22, smile, put on a beautiful outfit, rockin' heels, some jewelry to accessorize, be confident & you will be happier than you have ever been in your life, PROMISE.



 Plus Sized Wishes & Chanel Dreams...




No comments:

Post a Comment