Tuesday, September 14, 2010

& So It Goes...

Air Assault Training :D
A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway.
I cannot explain to you the amazing times I have had these past few weeks with Emily & Jackson Lee. Thinking about leaving tomorrow, it makes me really emotional for MULTIPLE reasons... one: I don't want to leave Emily- it is always bittersweet leaving a friend who means so much to you & really makes you a better person. two: I will probably never visit Fort Bliss again, and many people who are going to read this blog aren't going to understand the power that the military base has. It has a feeling unlike anything I have ever felt before. I do not want to leave at all. three: I don't want to leave Emily until Michael comes back home from recruiting school. I know she has Allyssa until Friday, but after that she is pretty much alone, with the exception of her awesome neighbor, Holly. I will really really really miss this place. For those of you who know me, you know that I am not a person to cry at all... tonight we listened to our "soldier song" [Marchin' On by One Republic] & all i could do was watch the city pass me by & cry my eyes out. This time it feels so much more emotional for me. I am literally going to be a weeping WRECK tomorrow when i have to leave Emily, Jack & Allyssa at the bottom of the stairs to security. Who will I :
  • Stalk Facebook with?
  • Sing & dance with in the car?
  • Shop with?
  • Lounge around with & have lazy days with?
  •  Have our crazy conversations with? 

I guess at this point I can just look forward to visiting the Evans family in Kentucky... On a MUCH better note-- me, Emily & Allyssa all adopted a platoon & last night, I adopted a soldier [airman], he is SrA (E-4), on his 1st deployment, he is in Guam... more about our platoon-- we have been really wanting to help show our support, especially since E isn't going to live so close to a base anymore, so when I adopted my soldier, i just searched the internet & found a website where you can adopt an entire platoon... WOO WOO!!! We should know more about our platoon within the next few days. I will keep you updated about my soldier when I hear back from him. It's about 10:08 pm & we are all SO tired. I think we are about to head to bed for the night, I am going to post a few pictures from tonight, below. ENJOY & GOD BLESS.

Me & Allyssa


Chicken Cannelloni.

No comments:

Post a Comment